And the winner is…
Congratulations to Lidia Haddadian! She takes the cake — and scored $11,000 — for the recipe she submitted in the Eggland’s Best “Your Best Recipe” contest.
Haladdian’s culinary creation, Southwestern Chorizo Tostada Bites, helped her clinch $10,000 as the overall winner, plus $1,000 as best recipe in the appetizer category. The competition was not just fierce, it was delicious.
Here is a rundown of all the winners:
- Grand Prize & Appetizer Lidia Haddadian — Southwestern Chorizo Tostada Bites
- Breakfast Patricia Powell — Poached Eggs with Serrano Ham and Garlic Braised Asparagus
- Main Course Pamela Lloyd — Sunshine Potatoes
- Dessert Julie Merriman — Flourless Chocolate S’mores Cake
- Fan Favorite Najwa Fakhouri — Lamb and Tomato Saute’
- Kid Friendly Michele Kusma — Dutch Apple & Honey Noodle Kugel
Every category winner received a $1,000 prize for his or her recipe. But really, we can all be winners by making these culinary creations at home. Click here to access all the winning recipes, along with complete nutrition information. (The rich, decadent Flourless Chocolate S’mores Cake is first on my list!)
Everyone knows Eggland’s Best does eggs better than anyone else, but the NJ-based company also does some pretty awesome contests. This is the second time they’ve done the “Your Best Recipe” contest, which was flooded with more than 3,000 entries from all over the country.
Last year, I was the winner in EB’s first “CEO” contest and proudly bear the title of “Chief Egg Officer.” When my “reign” ends (as my husband calls it), I have to admit, I’ll have a tough time giving it up.
For Lidia and the others, the excitement is just beginning. Congratulations to all the winners. You earned it!